1/2 kg. organic chick-peas, soaked overnight and let to sprout for 24 hours
1/2 cup whole sesame paste
2 garlic cloves
a pinch of salt
cold pressed olive oil
- Cook sprouted chick peas in boiling water until very soft. (Uri likes to cook it for a long period of time (3 hours) in a heavy cast-iron pot).
- Transfer 3/4 of the cooked chick-peas into a blender, add sesame paste, juice from one lemon, a pinch of salt, and the garlic cloves.
- Add some of the cooking water; the quantity of water will determine the smoothness of the humus (to your taste). Blend for a few minutes to obtain a fine humus texture.
- While preparing the humus, chop thinly the parsley and coriander and add the juice of two lemons.
- Put the humus in small dishes, add some cooked chick-peas, and a mixture of the chopped greens. Pour a little olive oil and serve.
Photography: Assaf Ronen