Soft rolls that keep fresh for a long time, and contain important nutrients.
1 3/4 cups water
2 teaspoons dry yeast
3 tablespoons natural date syrup
5 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon tahini
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Approximate preparation time: 2 hours
- In a bowl, mix the water, date syrup, 2 cups flour and yeast, to form a smooth mixture. Leave for 5 minutes until it froths.
- Add the other ingredients and knead for about 10 minutes to form smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest and rise in an oiled bowl, covered with a wet towel, until it doubles in size (approx. 30 minutes).
- Form rolls, put on baking sheet in the oven tray.
- Allow to rise for 30 more minutes.
- Put in a pre-heated 190°C oven for 17-20 minutes.